Expended Gray Matter Area

A place to discuss anything that might come to mind about dogs, agility, restaurants, international business, travel, or frankly a day or two of stream of consciousness. Who wants to live in a box anyway?

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Vacation reading material

I'm trying to decide what to bring with me on my vacation. I usually try to bring two books and swap them as I get to a point where I can't read the genre anymore. I was debating about bringing a book on Lean Thinking or Six Sigma, but that feels like work. I would be interested in other types of business (particularly international business) books though. The second book I need to find could be a Science Fantasy book. I like Poul Anderson, Piers Anthony and Mercedes Lackey. I need to do some research on amazon.com to see if I can find a story that I would enjoy. I've taken a non-fiction book or two before (non-business related). I enjoyed reading about the origin of holidays, the most influencial fictional characters and a discussion of women's rights in the workplace. I don't know what else I should read though. I love Pride & Prejudice, history books, and the relation of historical cultures to modern themes. I guess I could read a biography, but the only ones that come mind are people I have no interest in finding out about.

I need a website that tells me what I should read. The NY Times and other newspapers show the books that people are buying, but it doesn't really tell whether it is something worthy of the time spent to read it. I'm sure I'll have Harry Potter number 7 read before I go on vacation, and besides the book will be too heavy to travel easily.

Perhaps I should use the time to write my own stories... when I'm not sleeping that is. Perhaps I should let my brain take a vacation too and just watch the movies they will have on the plane -- NOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home